Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Humanity Repay Instantly

It was a rainy season and mid of August month. Although I visited Mumbai several times before, I was very much interested to visit Mumbai (Financial Capital of India) this time. Reason to my Mumbai visit was quite special for me and my family, because my younger brother (around 5 year younger to me) got a State Government job through State Public Service Commission.

He was staying with his friends who were working in Maharashtra State Police department. So just to visit this gang of government employees I booked to and fro Railway tickets. I started my journey, it was as usual for me because I travel most of the time by train to my home town.
 
My brother came to pick me at Chatrapati Shivaji Terminal railway station. We were having a plenty of time so we roamed around the Nariman Point and his working place, we took some food parcel outside and went to his residence. I had a nice dinner with brother and his roommates. I stayed one night with them, during that night brother was curious to tell me about his job and responsibilities he delivers.
 
Next day we both went to one of our cousin sister and my maternal aunt's house. As my journey was schedule only for two days, I have to start my backward journey. I was having return journey from Kalyan to Bangalore City via Udyan Express. I boarded the train from Kalyan. My seat number was 71 usually it will be at the end of the coach and no one like to get that seat due to bad smell of toilets, but it's beyond our control to get seat berth.
Around 10:30 AM at Lonavala railway station one mid age lady with two big luggage bags and a small baby boarded the train and sat near the coach door. I guess her ticket was not confirmed so she was waiting for Ticket Checker. Finally TC Came and after having a look on her ticket promised her to get seat allotted before night. Keeping hope that lady sat waiting TC to come back with some seat number.
 
Afternoon some peoples offered her temporary seat to feed the baby and take some rest. I was monitoring it throughout the day, felt very bad that no one was with that lady. After her interactions with other passenger I came to know that baby was just 20 day's old. Whenever wind passes over baby face, baby used to turn red in color. It was obvious that 20 days old baby skin will be too much delicate.

Here I have to mention berth no 72, the person holding this berth was a Muslim young age IT professional guy. We had a discussion over technology and rest other matters like family, politics, education etc. Finally a small talk on lady which I mentioned earlier. I kept my proposal of giving her my seat and share his seat for seating purpose because his berth was side lower, on that talk and with mutually understanding we both made a decision to offer my berth to that lady and his berth we will share as RAC allotment.

Around after having our dinner we all acted as per our plan. I was suffering with backache prior to journey, so I made my decision to sleep on floor and informed the other fellow to relax on berth. Somehow we all passed that night. And next day morning we all got down to desired destination. But still I was wondering no one came to pick that lady, few passengers helped her to get down her luggage. Anyhow it was none of my business to know why someone didn't came to pick or drop her. Humanity grounds I supposed to help her and I did with own satisfaction.

After two to three months time later my brothers marriage got fixed. Marriage date was 26 March. And same time our family was having another good news that I was going to become second time father (my wife was carrying for second child). So I supposed to pre-pone my elder kids exams in month of Feb and travel towards hometown. Again I did our journey ticket booking, but I couldn't got confirmed tickets, all passengers ticket status was waiting list.
 
Journey day arrived but still out status was waiting list with reduced numbers. So we made a courage to travel let the ticket get confirmed or not. As per the railway department policy somehow we got the RAC for both of us in same coach, at least this was helpful us to be together. We decided that wife will sleep on berth and I will sleep on floor.
 
Ticket Checker arrived to our coach and checked all the tickets in our coach, so I requested him to allot at least one berth, but he said it is not possible. After listening our discussion one young guy came to me and said I have one extra seat as one of our passenger is not travelling, you can accommodate your wife in that berth.
 
Here I remembered our Hindi phrase saying "Jaisa Karoge Vaisa Paoge". Then I reiterated the Bombay story to my wife and we both learned a lesson from personal experience that always help needy persons, some other day someone will help you.
 
Thanks to read.

 

1 comment:

Vaishali said...

It's true. I am co-witness of this incidence.